Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sponsored Quit Update

Well I’ve sucessfully made it to the end of week one of my sponsored quit (smoking)! … Here’s a quick update on my progress so far


I smoked my last cigarette late PM on Friday 6th April 2012 … my mission? to abstain from smoking for the 30 days of National Pet Month raising much needed funds for local Bird and Animal rescue centre Claws N Paws (along with a percentage going to National Pet Month to further their excellent work)


Those of you who smoke (or have in the past) will be well aware that after being a heavy smoker for almost 25 years I have set myself a very difficult task! However, if health, finances and family weren’t already enough motivation to quit then the addition of animal charities relying on my sponsorship certainly adds even more to my determination.


After just 20 minutes of the last cigarette I smoked my blood pressure dropped back down to normal
Within 8 hours, the carbon monoixide (a toxic gas) in my blood stream dropped by half and oxygen levels returned to normal
After two days I reduced the chance of having a heart attack and my sense of taste and smell returned to normal



Even more importantly … after 6 days I have raised a massive £275 in sponsorship however I still need YOUR HELP to reach my target of £500



Please consider sponsoring me on my quit attempt … no matter how small every single penny counts



You can securely donate online via paypal and don’t even need to have a paypal account, payment can be made by your debit or visa card (we never see your card details)







Please click on the link above or the donate button below




Everyone who donates will be thanked in a special Roll of Honor at the end of National Pet Month on 8th May 2012 (please let us know if you would prefer to remain annoymous)





If you would like to submit a donation / sposorship via cheque or postal order please email me via sponsorship@reposephotographics.com




To read more about the charities involved please read my previous blog or visit their websites http://www.clawsnpawsarc.com/ and http://www.nationalpetmonth.org.uk/




The photo above was taken at the Claws N Paws Easter Eggstravaganza fundraiser at Pets at Home Hartlepool where they managed to raise nearly £100. The gorgeous rabbit is currently in their dedicated in store Adoption Centre



Regards
Steven
Repose Photographics – Pet Photography






No comments:

Post a Comment